What is a Gro Bag?
A Gro Bag (or Baby Sleeping Bag) is a “wearable blanket” designed for babies to be used instead of traditional blankets and sheets. Baby Sleep Bags have a neck opening and armholes and are therefore “worn” by the baby to help the baby stay at the right temperature through the night without the problem of traditional blankets and sheets being kicked off or getting tangled up.Why should I use a Gro Bag instead of blankets and sheets?
- They stop babies kicking off their covers, getting cold and waking themselves and everyone else up
- They can’t be kicked over your baby’s head or get tangled up
- They keep babies at a comfortable temperature all night long
- Your baby can wake up, move around his cot, and fall back to sleep all on his own without you having to tuck them back in
- They become a great part of the bedtime routine, and will help your baby feel familiar, secure and confident and understand when its time for bed, even when away from home
- They can help the transition from Moses basket to cot by being the familiar “comforter” in both
- They may delay the age at which your baby rolls over onto his tummy
- They may delay the age at which your baby is able to climb out of his cot.
Are Gro Bags safe?
Yes. Well fitting, low-tog Baby Sleep Bags, when used correctly, are potentially one of the safest forms of bedding for your baby. While the baby has complete freedom of movement within the Baby Sleep Bag, the fitted neck and armholes ensure that there is no danger of either slipping in or out, provided the baby is placed in the correct size of Baby Sleep Bag for his age/weight. Therefore, provided also that a suitable level of nightwear is worn, he can sleep safely at a pleasant and constant temperature throughout the night.